Sample Text: In the foothills of Sierra Nevada Mountains we are blessed with four distinct seasons, each offering a unique bounty. At Mountain Bounty farm we offer two seasonal CSA shares reflecting each distinct season. We partner with Sunset Ridge Fine Fruits, Riverdog Farm and Little Boy Flowers to bring you the finest fruits, veggies and flowers year round.
OUR VEGGIE SHARE
We grow lots of staple veggies because our member surveys show that it's important to have a steady supply of these: Lettuce, carrots, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, sweet corn, broccoli, squashes, and greens like kale and chard.
Each box contains a generous amount of just picked organic vegetables from our farm, averaging about 12 items. This box usually provides enough produce to fill a large grocery bag, plus extra bounty when we have a bumper crop. We have found it to be a good size for an average family of four, but that will fluctuate based on your family's eating habits.
See below for an overview of our summer and winter shares.
Spring & Summer
- Greens: Arugula, Bok Choi, Cabbage, Collards, Kale, Lettuces, Radicchio, Escarole, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Tatsoi and other Asian greens
- Herbs & Aliums: Basil, Cilantro, Dill, Garlic, Leeks, Onions, Parsley, Scallions
- Roots: Beets, Carrots, Potatoes, Radishes, Sweet Potatoes, Turnips
- Summer’s Glory: Cherry, Heirloom, and lots of red slicing Tomatoes, Sweet Corn, Cucumbers, Edamame, Eggplant, Cantaloupes and many other types of muskmelons, Green Beans, Sweet Red Peppers, Hot peppers, Summer Squash, Watermelons, Zucchini
- Spring and Fall treats: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Celery, Fennel, Peas, Pie Pumpkins, Winter Squash
Fall & Winter
- Greens: arugula, bok choi, cabbage, chard, collard greens, fresh herbs, kale, lettuce, mustard greens, salad mix, spinach, stir fry mix, cilantro, parsley, rapini, Little Gem lettuce
- Roots: beets, carrots, fresh onions, green garlic, leeks, parsnips, potatoes, radishes, red daikon, rutabaga, turnips
- Other veggies: asparagus, shelling peas, snow peas, sugar snap peas, winter squash, fennel
- Miscellaneous: occasional dried tomatoes, dried fruit, walnuts, & almonds.
A more comprehensive idea of the week-by-week shares, based on past years can be found HERE.
Our Fruit Share
Our 17-week Winter Fruit Share is a 10+ pound bag of organic regional fruit each week. Winter fruits in our region are primarily citrus (mandarins, oranges, occasional grapefruits & lemons) with delicious local kiwis, and very occasional other fruits when available (apples, pears, persimmons, pomegranates).
Sunset Ridge Fine Fruits provides our Fruit Share; in addition to providing plenty of their delicious mandarins, they network with other small, local organic orchards to provide the best quality fruits possible.
We are lucky to have regional fruit available to us year-round!
Our Flower Share
ABOUT THE FLOWER CSA
This year we are proud to be offering two different Flower Share options for our customers through our partner farm, Little Boy Flowers
The Early Spring Share will run for 8 weeks starting early March and will feature big bunches of our farms most popular blooms- anemones, ranunculus, icelandic poppies and tulips.
Cost : $20 per week for Western Nevada County, $21.50 per week for Tahoe/Truckee.
The Summer Flower Share will run for 18 weeks and features a bouquet composed of a seasonal blend of our farms best blooms, filler and foliage. From sweet peas and snapdragons in the spring to lilies, sunflowers and dahlias later in the summer- enjoy fresh seasonal arrangements every week. Be sure to sign up early, these shares are sure to sell out quickly!
What’s Included? Each week you receive a wrapped, mixed bouquet composed of seasonal flowers and greenery fresh from our fields and greenhouses, delivered to your pickup site.
Bouquets include a combination of greenery, filler flowers, and focal flowers including some of the following: Lilies, zinnias, lisianthus, dahlias, sunflowers, celosia and chrysanthemums- enjoy fresh seasonal arrangements every week.
Truckee/Tahoe & Reno
18 Weeks, Thursdays
June 9– October 6
$16.50 per week, $297 total
Western Nevada County
18 Weeks, Mondays
June 6 – October 3
$15 per week, $270 total
Be sure to sign up early - flower shares sell out quickly!