A good source of Thiamin, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Folate and Manganese.
- 4 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 medium head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the carrots, potatoes, onion, cabbage, garlic, chicken stock, olive oil, thyme, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper in a stock pot over medium-high heat;
- bring to a simmer and cook until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender in small batches and blend until smooth.