Prorated subscriptions are always available if the season has begun, and payment plans are available to help make it easy to pay for your subscription.
Summer 2016 Vegetable Shares
- Western Nevada County
- May 23 – October 31, 2016
- Regular box: $27.75 per week ($666 total)
Smaller box: $21.75 per week ($522 total)Truckee/Tahoe & Reno
24 Weeks: May 26 – November 3, 2016
ThursdaysRegular box: $30.75 per week ($738 total)
Smaller box: $24.75 per week ($594 total)
Which size should you order?
Our regular box contains a generous amount of just-picked organic vegetables from our farm, averaging about 12 items (sometimes less, sometimes more). This size usually provides enough produce to fill a large grocery bag, plus extra bounty when we have a bumper crop. We have found it to be a good size for an average family of four, but that will fluctuate based on your family’s eating habits and how much you cook at home versus eat out during the week.
The smaller box is 2/3 the size of the regular box, and contains fewer items (average of 8 different items– sometimes less, sometimes more). This size provides staple produce and therefore less variety, and does not include the extra bounty of bumper crops.
What You Might See in Your Summer Veggie Box:
We put tremendous care and skill into growing superb produce for you. The amount and variety of produce increases over the course of the season. Each week we harvest the crops that are perfectly ready to eat, and we send an email newsletter before you pickup with the box contents, farm news and recipes. This season we are growing over 250 varieties of organic vegetables and herbs plus some absolutely luscious melons:
- Greens: Arugula, Bok Choi, Cabbage, Collards, Kale, Lettuces, Radicchio, Escarole, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Tatsoi and other Asian greens
- Herbs & Aliums: Basil, Cilantro, Dill, Garlic, Leeks, Onions, Parsley, Scallions
- Roots: Beets, Carrots, Potatoes, Radishes, Sweet Potatoes, Turnips
- Summer’s Glory: Cherry, Heirloom, and lots of red slicing Tomatoes, Sweet Corn, Cucumbers, Edamame, Eggplant, Cantaloupes and many other types of muskmelons, Green Beans, Sweet Red Peppers, Hot peppers, Summer Squash, Watermelons, Zucchini
- Spring and Fall treats: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Celery, Fennel, Peas, Pie Pumpkins, Winter Squash
We grow lots of “staple” veggies because we know our members want a steady supply of these: lettuce, carrots, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, sweet corn, broccoli, squashes, and greens like kale and chard.
Click here to read our past summer newsletters with lists of veggies included in previous seasons.
Winter Vegetable Shares
Western Nevada County
26 weeks: November 11 through May 18, 2016
One size only (medium): $24.75 per week x 26 weeks = $643.50 (prorated subscriptions always available)
26 weeks: November 12 through May 19, 2016
One size only (medium): $27.75 per week x 26 weeks = $721.50 (prorated subscriptions always available)
Thanksgiving week deliveries to both areas is on Wednesday, November 25. NO DELIVERY the weeks of Christmas or New Year’s.
The organic veggies for our winter share come from our friends at Riverdog Farm, located in the more temperate Capay Valley outside of Davis. Partnering with them since 2002 has made it possible to provide you with a year-round supply of fresh and diverse produce. Their veggie boxes are beautiful and bountiful.
What You Might See in Your Winter Veggie Box
- Greens: arugula, bok choi, cabbage, chard, collard greens, fresh herbs, kale, lettuce, mustard greens, salad mix, spinach, stir fry mix, cilantro, parsley, rapini, Little Gem lettuce
- Roots: beets, carrots, fresh onions, green garlic, leeks, parsnips, potatoes, radishes, red daikon, rutabaga, turnips
- Other veggies: asparagus, shelling peas, snow peas, sugar snap peas, winter squash, fennel
- Miscellaneous: occasional dried tomatoes, dried fruit, walnuts, & almonds.
Click here to read last season’s weekly newsletters for an example of the veggies included in the boxes.