It’s never too late to join! Summer veggies run through November 3, and prorated subscriptions are always available if the season has begun. Payment plans are available to help make it easy to pay for your subscription.
Winter 2016-17 Vegetable Shares
THANKSGIVING DELIVERY is Wednesday, November 23
NO DELIVERIES December 19 – January 1
Western Nevada County
Wednesdays Nov. 9- May 17
$27.75 or $21.75 per week, 26 weeks total
Note: Only a limited number of small boxes will be available at this price.
Exciting changes to our Winter CSA Shares!
- Greens: Arugula, Bok Choi, Cabbage, Collards, Kale, Lettuces, Radicchio, Escarole, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Tatsoi and other Asian greens, braising mix.
- Herbs & Aliums: Cilantro, Dill, Mint, Oregano, Parsely, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme, Garlic, Leeks, Red and Yellow Onions, Scallions.
- Roots: Beets, Carrots, Potatoes, Radishes, Hakurei Salad Turnips.
- Winter’s Glory: Butternut, delicata, kabocha, and other sweet winter squashes, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, Romanesco, Celery, Fennel.
- Possible winter and spring treats: Meyer Lemons, Asparagus, Peas, Artichoke.
Summer 2016 Vegetable Shares
- Western Nevada County
- Mondays through October 31, 2016
- Regular box $27.75 per week
- Small box $24.75 per week
- Truckee/Tahoe & Reno
Thursdays through November 3, 2016
Regular box $30.75 per weekSmall box $27.75per week
What You Might See in Your Summer Veggie Box:
We put tremendous care and skill into growing superb produce for you. The amount and variety of produce increases over the course of the season. Each week we harvest the crops that are perfectly ready to eat, and we send an email newsletter before you pickup with the box contents, farm news and recipes.
Our regular box contains a generous amount of just-picked organic vegetables from our farm, averaging about 12 items (sometimes less, sometimes more). This size usually provides enough produce to fill a large grocery bag, plus extra bounty when we have a bumper crop. We have found it to be a good size for an average family of four, but that will fluctuate based on your family’s eating habits and how much you cook at home versus eat out during the week.The smaller box is 2/3 the size of the regular box, and contains fewer items (average of 8 different items– sometimes less, sometimes more). This size provides staple produce and therefore less variety, and does not include the extra bounty of bumper crops. Note: Smaller boxes are no longer available online this season. Please call for a custom order if you need a smaller size this year.This season we are growing over 250 varieties of organic vegetables and herbs plus some absolutely luscious melons:
- Greens: Arugula, Bok Choi, Cabbage, Collards, Kale, Lettuces, Radicchio, Escarole, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Tatsoi and other Asian greens
- Herbs & Aliums: Basil, Cilantro, Dill, Garlic, Leeks, Onions, Parsley, Scallions
- Roots: Beets, Carrots, Potatoes, Radishes, Sweet Potatoes, Turnips
- Summer’s Glory: Cherry, Heirloom, and lots of red slicing Tomatoes, Sweet Corn, Cucumbers, Edamame, Eggplant, Cantaloupes and many other types of muskmelons, Green Beans, Sweet Red Peppers, Hot peppers, Summer Squash, Watermelons, Zucchini
- Spring and Fall treats: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Celery, Fennel, Peas, Pie Pumpkins, Winter Squash
We grow lots of “staple” veggies because we know our members want a steady supply of these: lettuce, carrots, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, sweet corn, broccoli, squashes, and greens like kale and chard.
Click here to read our past summer newsletters with lists of veggies included in previous seasons.