Summer Vegetable Shares 2015
New this summer: Smaller box option! See details below.
- Western Nevada County
- May 25 – November 2
Regular box: $27.75 per week ($666 total)
Smaller box: $21.75 per week ($522 total)Truckee/Tahoe & Reno
24 Weeks: May 28 – November 5
Regular box: $30.75 per week ($738 total)
Smaller box: $24.75 per week ($594 total)
In response to popular demand, we are introducing a limited number of smaller boxes this summer. This is a huge logistical challenge for all of us here at Mountain Bounty Farm, and it will increase our production costs, so we’re giving it a try for one season to see how it goes. We’re really excited to try this new approach and we hope it will make our veggies more accessible to everyone.
Our regular boxes have always contained a generous amount of just-picked organic vegetables from our farm, averaging about 12 items (sometimes less, sometimes more). This regular box usually provides enough produce to fill a large grocery bag, plus extra bounty when we have a bumper crop. The smaller boxes will be 2/3 the size, and will contain an average of 8 items (sometimes less, sometimes more). This size will not include the extra bounty of bumper crops.
What You Might See in Your Summer Veggie Box:
We put tremendous care and skill into growing superb produce for you. The amount and variety of produce increases over the course of the season. Each week we harvest the crops that are perfectly ready to eat, and we send an email newsletter before you pickup with the box contents, farm news and recipes. This season we are growing over 250 varieties of organic vegetables and herbs plus some absolutely luscious melons:
- Greens: Arugula, Bok Choi, Cabbage, Collards, Kale, Lettuces, Radicchio, Escarole, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Tatsoi and other Asian greens
- Herbs & Aliums: Basil, Cilantro, Dill, Garlic, Leeks, Onions, Parsley, Scallions
- Roots: Beets, Carrots, Potatoes, Radishes, Sweet Potatoes, Turnips
- Summer’s Glory: Cherry, Heirloom, and lots of red slicing Tomatoes, Sweet Corn, Cucumbers, Edamame, Eggplant, Cantaloupes and many other types of muskmelons, Green Beans, Sweet Red Peppers, Hot peppers, Summer Squash, Watermelons, Zucchini
- Spring and Fall treats: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Celery, Fennel, Peas, Pie Pumpkins, Winter Squash
We grow lots of “staple” veggies because our member surveys show that it’s important to have a steady supply of these: lettuce, carrots, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, sweet corn, broccoli, squashes, and greens like kale and chard.
Click here to read our past summer newsletters with lists of veggies included in previous seasons.
Winter Vegetable Shares 2014-15
Winter shares are still available- sign up anytime to start getting your seasonal produce right away.
Western Nevada County
Wednesdays through May 13
$24.75 per week
Thursdays through May 14
$27.75 per week
The organic veggies for our winter share come from our friends at Riverdog Farm, located in the more temperate Capay Valley outside of Davis. Partnering with them allows us to provide you with a year-round supply of fresh and diverse produce. Their veggie boxes are beautiful and bountiful.
What You Might See in Your Winter Veggie Box
- Greens: arugula, bok choi, cabbage, chard, collard greens, fresh herbs, kale, lettuce, mustard greens, salad mix, spinach, stir fry mix, cilantro, parsley, rapini, Little Gem lettuce
- Roots: beets, carrots, fresh onions, green garlic, leeks, parsnips, potatoes, radishes, red daikon, rutabaga, turnips
- Other veggies: asparagus, shelling peas, snow peas, sugar snap peas, winter squash, fennel
- Miscellaneous: occasional dried tomatoes, dried fruit, walnuts, almonds, late winter citrus, early strawberries
Click here to read this season’s weekly newsletters with lists of veggies included.