It’s never too late to join! Prorated subscriptions are always available if the season has begun. We offer payment plans to make it easier to pay for your subscription.
Summer 2017 Vegetable Shares
- Western Nevada County
- New! Earlier Tuesday pickups
- May 17 through October 31 (24 weeks)
- Regular box $27.75 per week
- Small box $21.75 per week
- Truckee/Tahoe & Reno
Thursdays, May 18 through November 2 (24 weeks)Regular box $30.75 per weekSmall box $24.75 per weekNote: Only a limited number of small boxes may available at this price.
What You Might See in Your Summer Veggie Box:We put tremendous care and skill into growing superb produce for you. The amount and variety of produce increases over the course of the season. Each week we harvest the crops that are perfectly ready to eat, and we send an email newsletter before you pickup with the box contents, farm news and recipes. Our regular box contains a generous amount of just-picked organic vegetables from our farm, averaging about 12 items (sometimes less, sometimes more). This size usually provides enough produce to fill a large grocery bag, plus extra bounty when we have a bumper crop. We have found it to be a good size for an average family of four, but that will fluctuate based on your family’s eating habits and how much you cook at home versus eat out during the week.The smaller box is 2/3 the size of the regular box, and contains fewer items (average of 8 different items– sometimes less, sometimes more). This size provides staple produce and therefore less variety, and does not include the extra bounty of bumper crops.This season we are growing over 250 varieties of organic vegetables and herbs plus some absolutely luscious melons:
- Greens: Arugula, Bok Choi, Cabbage, Collards, Kale, Lettuces, Radicchio, Escarole, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Tatsoi and other Asian greens
- Herbs & Aliums: Basil, Cilantro, Dill, Garlic, Leeks, Onions, Parsley, Scallions
- Roots: Beets, Carrots, Potatoes, Radishes, Sweet Potatoes, Turnips
- Summer’s Glory: Cherry, Heirloom, and lots of red slicing Tomatoes, Sweet Corn, Cucumbers, Edamame, Eggplant, Cantaloupes and many other types of muskmelons, Green Beans, Sweet Red Peppers, Hot peppers, Summer Squash, Watermelons, Zucchini
- Spring and Fall treats: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Celery, Fennel, Peas, Winter Squash
Click here to read our past summer newsletters with lists of veggies included in previous seasons.
Winter 2016-17 Vegetable Shares
Western Nevada County Wednesdays Nov. 9- May 17 $27.75 or $21.75 per week, 26 weeks total
Note: Only a limited number of small boxes will be available at this price.
Exciting changes to our Winter CSA Shares!
Winter veggie shares are now collected, packed, and partially grown, here at Mountain Bounty Farm!
Although our mountain location is inherently limited when it comes to winter growing, over the years we have been slowly extending our season and experimenting with pushing the limits of what we can grow. 10-15% of the winter veggies now come from our farm! This is a huge and exciting change for us.
We are continually innovating and we are proud to be at the cutting edge of farming in our area. We gather the remainder of the produce from a small handful of trusted Northern California organic farms who can do winter production. We are primarily working with Pinnacle Organic Produce in San Juan Bautista and Route 1 Farms in Santa Cruz – both farms have been growing year-round for many years and are known for high quality organic produce. In each newsletter we share information about who grew what.
With this new system, the winter veggie share is expected to be more generous and diverse, and we can also offer a limited number of small boxes. This winter we are growing over 50 varieties of organic vegetables and herbs as well as gathering many more from our partner farms:
- Greens: Arugula, Bok Choi, Cabbage, Collards, Kale, Lettuces, Radicchio, Escarole, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Tatsoi and other Asian greens, braising mix.
- Herbs & Aliums: Cilantro, Dill, Mint, Oregano, Parsely, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme, Garlic, Leeks, Red and Yellow Onions, Scallions.
- Roots: Beets, Carrots, Potatoes, Radishes, Hakurei Salad Turnips.
- Winter’s Glory: Butternut, delicata, kabocha, and other sweet winter squashes, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, Romanesco, Celery, Fennel.
- Possible winter and spring treats: Meyer Lemons, Asparagus, Peas, Artichoke.
Click here to read our winter newsletters with lists of veggies included in previous seasons.